Check out this article on ProfHacker about the “McDonald’s theory” approach to writing. It’s not earth-shattering, but it reinforces that we should avoid self-editing during the first draft writing process because even if the words are terrible, they’ll be useful as a counterpoint later on in the revision process. This is actually kind of different from what Ryan’s doing, which seems closer to researching (or writing) in public. Again, both are great ways to approach writing–it’s all about what works for you.
- around Philadelphia Ayn Rand bikes bodies books cartography Cold War conservatism cooking design education environment Fall Writes film food gender history HIV/AIDS iced coffee LGBT mo money mo problems neoliberalism racism running social justice Spring Writes Summer Writes Teddy Roosevelt tunes voluntarism
- Glacial lagoon. If you turn your head sideways, it kind of looks like an owl. #🇮🇸 #glacier #latergram… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- ⛰🎨 #🇮🇸 #heimaey #pantone ift.tt/2JKTvB3 https://t.co/awslSOW08v 11 hours ago
- 🌋🎨 #🇮🇸 #volcano #pantone ift.tt/2M18Cmf https://t.co/PAfHZYbiOa 11 hours ago
- RT @jelani9: We are witness to evil. Plain and simple. No decent person could steal a child from his or her parents. And then justify such… 15 hours ago
- Colors of the wind—er, sand. #🇮🇸 #hverir #pantone ift.tt/2JRsOq5 https://t.co/6L7uXcyxQU 17 hours ago